You are here
Software for dictionaries
Several tools have been developed for creating dictionaries, including:
- Kirrkirr is a research project exploring the use of computer software for automatic transformation of lexical databases ("dictionaries"), aiming at providing innovative information visualization, particularly targeted at indigenous languages,
- Lexique Pro Interactive lexicon viewer (SIL),
- Miromaa is a program designed to aid in language preservation, reclamation and dissemination work,
- Toolbox (The Field Linguist’s Toolbox) Data management, parsing and text analysis (SIL),
- WOLF ([W]ord [O]riented [L]inguistic [F]ramework) is a dictionary creation program (developed by Dan Harvey, Southern Oregon U.).
A discussion about online dictionaries occurred in May 2010 on the RNLD email list.